Train when you want, where you want, on any device
Nessy believes that all teaching professionals should have a basic knowledge of dyslexia and reading difficulties in order to identify and properly support struggling readers in their classroom. Our dyslexia training program is designed to quickly and conveniently provide the essential information that teachers need.
The training modules cover the identification of dyslexia, intervention strategies, accommodation and use of technology. Each module is followed by a short quiz to review key concepts and assess learning. The training can be accessed on smartphone, tablet or computer and takes at least two hours to complete. Time spent training is logged and recorded, so evidence can be provided to a participant’s school if required. Upon finishing the training, each participant receives a certificate of completion.
The 6 dyslexia training modules cover:
Module 1. Dyslexia Explained
- Understand the general characteristics of dyslexia.
- Learn to identify warning signs for different age groups.
- Dispel common myths about dyslexia.
Module 2. Phonological Dyslexia
- Recognise phonological difficulties linked to dyslexia and effective strategies to overcome them.
Module 3. Working Memory and Dyslexia
- Understand the link between working memory and dyslexia.
- Test your own working memory and learn helpful strategies.
Module 4. Visual Processing Dyslexia
- Explore visual processing dyslexia and related difficulties
- Learn practical classroom strategies.
Module 5. Auditory Processing Dyslexia
- Understand the role of auditory processing in dyslexia.
Module 6. How to Help
- Learn effective approaches to help children with dyslexia.
- Explore powerful learning strategies and assistive technology.
- Discover hidden strengths of students with dyslexia.
- Learn to identify & screen
- Practical intervention strategies
- 2+ hours of training
- Completion certificate
- Certified by Bristol Dyslexia Centre
- Learn to accommodate children with dyslexia