A simply brilliant way to boost maths skills
123maths is an online program in four categories which gives structured practice with the basics of maths. 10,000 individual questions are answered per day! The company has been established for 10 years in the UK and we’re delighted that we can now offer it in New Zealand.
- Online product
- Cloud based software (not installed on a hard-drive) so can be accessed from any computer
- Progress made from just 10 minutes a day
- Boosts mental maths
- Users benefit from the structured support that the site offers.
- 123maths records all progress.
- Tutors can leave comments for the users.
How it works
When a child hits a stumbling block in maths, quite often the focus will be on the current topic and their lack of understanding. This may be the case but the issue may lie further back in the child’s education.
123maths takes a step by step approach, filling the gaps in a child’s knowledge. During this process they gain confidence and knowledge, allowing them to access the topic that they had problems with.
123maths works because you need to get a question right 3 consecutive times. Each day you visit the site you can only answer each question once. When you get the question right on three consecutive visits you don’t need to do that question again.
- Counting backwards and forwards
- Adding and subtracting up to 10
- Pairs of numbers that make 10
- Reading signs
- Introduction to doubling and halving
Power of 2
- Number bonds to 10
- Doubling, halving
- Addition and subtraction
- Rounding, multiplying, dividing
- Fractions and decimals
- worded problems
Perform with Time
- Time in many differing formats
- 12 and 24 hour clock
- Digital and Analogue time
- How long events last
- Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years
- Multiplication and division up to 10 x 10
- Linkage of multiplication to division
- Formation of an understanding of the two processes
- Provides necessary repetition