Efficient assessment of working memory for ages 7 – 16
Lucid Recall assesses the fundamental working memory functions identified by leading international researchers including Professor Alan Baddeley
- Phonological loop – assessed by a word recall test
- Visuo-spatial sketchpad – assessed by a pattern recall test
- Central executive function – assessed by a counting recall test
The program also measures the speed and efficiency of working memory (Processing speed).
Avoid academic failure
Designed especially for the conscientious but busy teacher!
Easy to use – Lucid Recall is fully automated, requires minimal supervision and needs no input from the teacher. Time saving – Lucid Recall takes only 20–30 minutes and provides instant results. Immediate results enable instant evaluation of how each student’s working memory compares with expected levels for their age, based on based on national standardised norms for ages 7:0 to 16:11.
- Standard scores
- Confidence intervals
- Centile scores
- Age equivalents (down to age 5:0)
- Memory span
- Average time
Cost-efficient – Lucid Recall is very competitively priced and saves a great deal of teacher time.
Standardised and scientifically validated
- Designed and developed by expert memory researcher Dr Helen St Clair-Thompson of the University of Hull and extensively tested in schools.
- National standardisation using over 1,000 students.
- Validated against accepted tests for working memory as well as measures of students’ school attainment. Lucid Recall gives significant prediction of performance in national curriculum levels in reading, writing and mathematics, and distinguishes SEN from non-SEN children to a statistically significant level.
Educationally beneficial – With Lucid Recall available to assess students, teachers can swiftly and easily identify those that need a different approach. Gain peace of mind and reduce those nagging worries ‘Am I getting it right?’